The Helambu trek is a perfect short trek nearby Kathmandu Valley. Despite being so close to Kathmandu, the Helambu region remains relatively un-spoilt. Besides the hyolmo culture of high mountain people, the company of green rhododendron and bamboo forests, majestic waterfalls, and snow-capped Himalayas make the trek one of most diverse treks near Kathmandu. The great Himalayan scenery at the border with Tibet and monasteries make a trek to the region an enthralling experience. The people living the highlands of the Langtang region are certainly the Nepalese, being the descendent of the Tibetan origin, they still look like Tibetans. The Helambu Trek begins from Sundarijal, an hour’s drive from Kathmandu. After about an hour’s walk, we enter Shivapuri National Park. Continuing along the Chisopani, Kutumsang, Tharepati and Sermathang, the trek ends at the Melamchi Bazaar in the Helambu region.
- Duration 9 days
- Price on request .
- Max number of people 20
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1380mtrs).
Upon your arrival in Kathmandu (TIA), our representative from Adventure Team will be there to pick you up. You will be transfer to hotel in half an hour drive with private vehicle. We discuss about our trip and you have time for refreshment. In the evening we are together again for welcome dinner in typical nepalese restaurant with cultural program.
Day 02 : Half day sightseeing in Kathmandu (1380mtrs)
After breakfast, your tour guide will pick you up for half day sightseeing in Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath Temple and Bouddhanath Stupa. You will have your lunch in the restaurant with the view of Stupa then you back to hotel. You will meet your trek leader and discuss about the trek and do last minutes arrangements.
Day 03: Drive to Sundarijal & trek to Chisapani (2300mtrs) 4-5 hours
After about an hour drive from hotel we get Sundarijal. When we drop there we manage bagpack and start our trek to Chisapani. We begin our trek along a small hydroelectric plant and trail goes into the Shivapuri National Park. We cross several settlement at the first part and it goes through a forest of oaks and rhododendron to Chisopani.
Day 04: Trek to Kutumsang (2446mtrs) 7-8 hours
After breakfast, we begin our trek with view of langtang mountainrange many others snowcapped peaks. The trail goes decent to pati Bhanjyang and Gol Bhanjyang. After crossing several villages and up and down hill walk, we get Kutumsang at late afternoon, stay overnight at guest house .
Day 05: Trek to Tharepati (3650mtrs) 5-6 hours
We climb above Kutumsang on a steep trail mostly through rhododendron forest to Magingoth. Magnigoth is only the place with permanent settlements. The trek continues to Tharepati with views of the Himalayas. stay Overnight at guest house.
Day 06: Trek to Tarkeghyang (2560mtrs) 5-6 hours
After breakfast trail goes down to Melamchi Khola. Then we trek up to Tarkeghyang passing through Sherpa settlements. Discover the village and its monastery which is one of the oldest and biggest monasteries in the Helambu region. Helambu is the femily name of Buddhist people which was came from Helmu cast. Stay overnight at guest house.
Day 07: Trek to Sermathang (2,610mtrs) 4-5 hours
Today is easy walk by passing forests, streams, and waterfalls. The trail makes a sweep around the wide valley end between Parachin and the Sherpa village. Then we get Sermathang. Discover the village. There is also a Buddhist monastery at the highest point of the village. Stay overnight at guest house.
Day 08: Trek to Malemchi Bazaar and drive to Kathmandu, 4-5 hours
On our final day of the trek, we walk down to Malemchi Bazaar. The village is mostly coverd by the Sherpa, but there are also people of other ethnicities. At the bazaar there will be private transport from Adventure Team then we drive to Kathmandu .stay overnight at hotel.
Day 09: Depature
We will transfer you to the International Airport for your departure flight to your onward destination
You must leave hotel 3 hours earlier than your scheduled flight time.
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle.
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Welcome and farewell dinners.
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trekking leader and assistant trekking leader (6 trekkers: 1 assistant leader).
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation.
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permits, TIMS card.)
- Medical kit (carried by your trekking leader).
- All government and local taxes
- Nepalese visa fee
- Excess baggage charge(s)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- International flights
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)